Alaska United Methodist Conference
VIRTUAL ANNUAL CONFERENCE
June 19 – 25, 2022
The Greater Northwest Area’s primary week of annual conference sessions, where the business of each Conference is conducted by clergy and lay members, will start on the evening of Sunday, June 19, with a GNW area-wide opening. The remainder of the week will include a separate focused day of work for each conference and individual days for ordination and commissioning services in PNW and OR-ID.
- The GNW Area-wide Opening will take place on Sunday, June 19, 5 p.m. AKT.: https://youtu.be/uKPVSkpZ2tI
- The Alaska Conference will meet online on Monday, June 20, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. AKT.:
- The GNW Area-wide Closing plenary and celebration will occur on Saturday, June 25, 8 a.m.: https://youtu.be/j2ScPQwD5XM
Each day of business will include morning bible studies and evening devotions during the first and last hour. These opportunities will be open for anyone – not just Annual Conference members – to attend.
Click here for more information. Please watch for more information in conference and GNW Area communications. Published dates are subject to change, and we will announce additional opportunities as they become available.
In advance of the full week of activities, Clergy Session will meet online in each annual conference.
- Thursday, June 2 – Alaska Conference, starting at 10 a.m. AKT.
There will be a New Lay Member Orientation for those that have not attended an Annual Conference before. All laity are welcome. After addressing all new lay member information, the remaining time will allow updates among laity, sharing successes as well as areas where resourcing and support might be helpful.
- Tuesday, June 7 – 6:30 p.m. AKT
The Laity Session will be an area-wide event that will occur online before the week of annual conference sessions. Following the Laity Session, the Alaska Conference will hold a Pre-Conference Informational Meeting for all clergy and lay members to annual conference. This is an opportunity for discussion on petitions and reports in the pre-conference handbook.
- Tuesday, June 14 – 5:30 p.m. AKT GNW Laity Session
- Tuesday, June 14 – 6:30 p.m. AKT Alaska Pre-Conference Informational Meeting
Both the Pacific Northwest and Oregon-Idaho Conferences will have Commissioning and Ordination Services. If you would like to watch those services, please mark your calendars.
- PNW Service of Commissioning & Ordination, June 22, 10 a.m. AKT: https://youtu.be/0wBHsVYynZY
- OI Service of Commissioning & Ordination, June 24, 10 a.m. AKT: www.umoi.org/ac